Trump Reverses Course and says COVID-19 Task Force Will Continue Indefinitely

President Donald Trump denied on Wednesday morning that he was planning to dissolve the White House COVID-19 task force.

“Because of this success, the Task Force will continue on indefinitely with its focus on SAFETY & OPENING UP OUR COUNTRY AGAIN,” Trump wrote in a series of tweets.

However, “we may add or subtract people to it, as appropriate,” he added.

The tweets seem to indicate a change of heart considering the New York Times’ report on task force officials being told their team was being disbanded, along with Trump and Vice President Mike Pence’s comments about the status of the task force the day before.

During a press conference in Phoenix, Arizona on Tuesday, Trump praised the “fantastic” task force but said that “we’re now looking at a little bit of a different form.”

Advertisements

“And that form is safety and opening,” he said. “And we’ll have a different group probably set up for that.”

Pence told reporters on Tuesday that the administration was “having conversations” about when to end the task force and that officials were mulling to pull the plug on the task force by early June, though nothing had been decided.

If you enjoy what you are reading, please consider leaving a small donation. Any amount is appreciated.

Author: Alexander Massaad

Hard Working, Diligent and Productive. America needs answers and it takes a sufficient amount of grit, heart, and courage to lead them towards the truth.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s